To be honest with you, I really think that nothing ruins a good piece of clothing quite like an oil stain. And, unfortunately, the real and ugly truth is that we’ve all faced that moment of dread when oil gets on our clothes while we’re eating or cooking. So, we look down to survey the damage, only to discover there’s a huge stain on our favorite shirt. And, unfortunately, (sometimes) even the store bought removers just can’t get the job done. But, you shouldn’t be worried, because you’re in the right place! Why – well, because we’ve learned about a brilliant hack to get rid of those extra stubborn stains that won’t go down without a fight.In just a few easy steps, this stain will be gone in no time. This method is very simple and easy to make. You just have to follow the simple instructions. Here’s what you need to do:
You will need the following ingredients:
- Liquid Dish Soap
- Baking Soda
- A Toothbrush
- A Piece of Cardboard
- Here’s what you need to do – it’s very simple! First, you should put the cardboard in between the front and back of the shirt so you don’t mess up the side that isn’t stained. Spray the affected area with WD-40 and use a Q-Tip to scrub it in.
- And, after that, you need to pour baking soda over the stain. We’re talking lots of baking soda. You’ll need plenty to absorb the oil.
- Now, make sure you use the toothbrush to scrub the baking soda into the stain. Keep scrubbing until clumps begin appearing.
- Note: This is what it should look like before adding the dish soap.
- And now, it’s time to add the dish soap. Pour some on top of the baking soda and start scrubbing again. A rag will be very useful here since the baking soda will start sticking to your toothbrush.
- Don’t forget – make sure you scrub, scrub, scrub!
- And, that’s it – you’re done! Now, you can take out the cardboard and toss your shirt into the washer with your other clothes (it won’t mess them up).
You’ll be amazed by the results – once washed, your shirt should look as good as new! Don’t be afraid to repeat the process if you still notice the stain. Thanks for reading and don’t forget to share this amazing trick with your friends and family. Thank You and have a nice day!
Copyright belongs to the owners of the articles mentioned about. We are gratefully sharing and passing it forward! If this article belongs to you and have any requests or mentions please leave a comment in the article!